Meet Fuchsia... Magenta's sister

Personal project of mine to attend The Rocky Horror Show in the UK on the new tour starring Jason Donovan as Frank. Last year for the 50th anniversary I replicated Little Nell's 1973 costume, though I failed to get the response I was hoping for. I was later informed that because I attended the show on a weeknight I missed most of the hardcore (fan club) fans.

So this year I aimed to do better. I needed something more recognizable, but still a bit unique. I came across Mark's gorgeous space suit creations and felt inspired to go pink (I mean, have you seen my hair??)

Although I'm still nursing a toe injury from June and couldn't wear my pointy-toe stiletto boots, I found a round-toed option by the same manufacturer that was tolerable to wear. The wig was from my usherette costume, though I dyed it a tad darker. 

I was so excited that the Space Suits who inspired mine were actually there - along with so many other people in amazing costumes. My wings were actually just left-over prototypes - one was made with 3mm foam and the other side with 4mm foam. No big deal, I don't think anyone could tell. The buckle was 3D printed by my husband. First I sprayed the vertical bits hot pink, then I over-sprayed them with a darker (almost purplish) glitter spray to get it to match the tabard.