Pattern Drafting (Personal Progress)

It's my intention to get all of my Rocky Horror patterns into my Fashion CAD program where I can standardize their sizes and grade them into a complete range of sizes. So far I have made MUCH progress with the software. I'm flushing out my drafting skills and will then begin to apply grading tools. Easy, huh?  Surprisingly, the most difficult part so far has been trying to find (create?) a chart of standardized measurements as they apply to my drafting needs (beyond chest, waist, hips, etc.)

There are many pattern systems out there, and many ways you can measure the human form. I just need a compatible set. The Joseph-Armstrong textbook Patternmaking for Fashion Design is pretty much an industry standard in technique, but provides no reference charts for working with standard sizes - only how to take  your own custom measurements and apply them to the drafting tutorials. The ASTM chart D-5585 seems comprehensive, but is actually missing many of the specific measurements necessary for the Joseph-Armstrong method.

I think I've finally come upon a working solution, and am moving forward. I am happy with my first draft, though it still needs some tweaking. The first pattern I plan to work on for Rocky Horror is Janet's pink dress. It's a pretty straight-forward design.


So as you can see, this is just a basic bodice sloper, but it's the foundation I'll be working from.