Rocky Pillow Case

This is for the person who has everything. You can adapt an existing pillow sham or just make your own. Standard size pillows measure 20 by 26 inches.

I printed a giant "R" off my computer (Roundhand font works well). Mine is about 9" tall. I traced my "R" onto a prepped piece of gold lamé fabric backed with light fusible interfacing (never let the iron touch the lamé directly, always use a press cloth). Cut out the design and position it on your pillow case. I used a bit of light glue to secure it's placement, then I went around all the edges with a zig-zag stitch using matching thread.

The trim can be pleated or gathered around the edge. A 4 to 5" wide strip of fabric folded in half lengthwise will look good. The length of your trim should be 1.5 to 2 times the circumference of your pillow case (depending on how full you want the pleats or ruffles).